Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So, Here's some Cupcakes!

Well, I figure I should kitCHEN a post here. And since my lovely friend with a pretty girl needed a yummy cupcake recipe, I had it all typed out already!

Here's the recipe:
1 1/2 c flour
1 c. sugar
1 heaping tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
1 egg in 1 cup filled with milk
1 tsp vanilla

I probably did this:
3/4 c white flour
3/4 c whole wheat flout
3/4 c sucanat (SUgarCAneNATural.....evaporated cane juice...I'll tell you more about it later)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1 egg in 1 cup filled with (goat) milk
1 tsp vanilla

Sift together dry ingredients (or if you're me, just whisk them together).
Add oil, egg/milk, and vanilla. Stir well and pour into paper muffin liners. Bake at 400 til tops are browning lightly (I'd say 12-15 minutes). Let cool. Top with your favorite vanilla frosting and decorate with M&M's.
I made these for Drew's birthday, to bring to the park. I had a La Leche League meeting that day, and I didn't want his birthday to go unnoticed! I'm just not sure what we frosted them with.....

1 comment:

One Pretty Girl and Her Mama said...

I love the pictures on the side. My favorites... the one with Reid being your little slave man caring Elsie in the carrier haha and the one with the "ugly" doll... you'll have to tell me that story sometime!